Sunday, June 06, 2004

orkut - communities - messages

orkut - communities - messages: "Service to Mankind is Service to GOD 6/2/2004 8:41 PM
Friends,

First of all I am suprised to see this many Youngsters in the community.Good for INDIA!!!.When I scrolled through the topics I have not seen atleast one topic stressing the need on Service ( Daridranarayana Seva as Swamiji used to call).

I dont know much about swamiji( I guess no one can dare to say that he understood swamiji)but for the past few years from the little exposure I had to swamijis works and few books on his life,I can say that swamiji always stressed on Service to mankind and infact for the few people he suggested to stop reading scriptures and go and serve the poor people who are waiting and indeed at your very door.He also went to such an extent that he asked one of his disciples to stop meditation,if necessary for the sake of service.( which he says is nothing but karma yoga).

Being the admirers (follwers....disciples) of Swamiji,I guess we all should place service to our Mother India as an highest priority than any thing else.

Friends,with this intention I have started this subject and please add your comments .

I end this with one of the Swamiji's quotations ( which i like most )

Feel,my children,feel;feel for the poor,the ignorant,the downtrodden;feel till the heart stops and the brain reels and you think you will go mad;then pour the soul out at the feet of the Lord,and then will come power,help,and indomitable energy.-Swami Vivekananda."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home